Charles Court Care Home
At Charles Court, we understand how difficult it can be to find the right care home for yourself or a loved one. We put the individuals at the centre of everything we do and pride ourselves on offering the highest standards of person-centred care for older people, within a safe, comfortable and homely environment.
Welcoming new residents into our care home
We are welcoming new residents into our care home to ensure that we are there to support those requiring care during this time.
We continue to review all national guidance, statements and requirements related to Covid-19, and are consistently implementing them as required across our Priory Adult Care services, as we have done throughout the pandemic. The safety of every resident in our care is the number one priority.
For more information on our response to Covid-19, including visiting your loved one, please click here.
About Charles Court
Located in Hereford, our beautiful home offers 24/7 dementia, nursing and palliative care to older people. We have a friendly and experienced staff team including a dedicated activities co-ordinator who develops individual activity schedules tailored to the personal lives and interests of the people in our care.
We also understand the importance of community involvement and we encourage residents to remain active members of the local community in Hereford. Regular day trips are arranged and churches, schools and other organisations are regularly invited into our home to provide activities for residents.
Enhancing quality of life and wellbeing
Every aspect of Charles Court contributes to the quality of daily life for residents including:
- An experienced and friendly team consisting of a new home manager, qualified nurses, carers, activities co-ordinator and auxiliary staff
- En-suite bedrooms, comfortable lounge areas and a tranquil, fully-enclosed garden
- A recently refurbished dining area which can be used to facilitate family celebrations or a meal with a loved one
- A wealth of daily activities for our residents to get involved in, including a new garden project with raised beds for everyone to help maintain
- A dementia unit with dementia lead support and a mental health nurse. This unit includes feature walls and a wealth of further simulation in the form of washing lines and memorabilia
- An open door visiting policy that is animal friendly for all visitors
- Weekly volunteers including a local choir and an arrangement of folk singers
- Fresh home cooked food to meet the needs and likes of the residents
Our dedicated activities co-ordinator provides in-house activities and day trips for all of the residents to enjoy, including:
- In-house entertainment provided by local musicians and entertainers
- Regular visits from hairdressers, GPs, dentists and different church ministers
- Day trips to places such as Hereford town centre and local cafés
- Outings to the park, garden centres and local places of interest when the weather is warmer and during the summer months
“My Mother has been treated wonderfully well at this care home and the food is very good as Mother says herself. The room is always kept immaculate and the staff are second to none; always helpful. I would certainly recommend this home to any potential resident. Hats off to Charles Court.” Son of a resident
“I’m really impressed with the team at Charles Court. My Nan was taken ill in December and we thought that was her gone. She appeared a lot better but left the hospital with a very nasty bedsore which could of been prevented, but thanks to the staff at Charles Court, my Nana has made an amazing recovery and with the constant continued care, she is back to her best self.” Granddaughter of a resident