Bowden Lodge (formerly part of Craegmoor) is a residential service for 16 male and female adults requiring specialist support for mental health.
Located in Sheffield, Bowden Lodge is a home for individuals who no longer require hospital level care, yet continue to present a level of risk that requires fully supported and staffed accommodation.
The service provides an integrated step down service from hospital, locked rehabilitation and crisis admissions for those who need emergency placements for a short while, or step up from the community.
The specialist support provided at Bowden Lodge includes:
- 12 en-suite beds and 4 self-contained apartments
- Active care and recovery model
- Long stay and short term crisis admissions
- Access to community projects/programmes
- Direct links/involvement with Supporting You in the North East
- Experienced staff team
- 24 hour support
- The service provides an intensive support model that encourages recovery and re-enablement, and includes the offer of assertive support to reintegrate individuals back into community life.
Our approach to support
We work in partnership with our supported living service to ensure that the individual has a discharge plan into the community at the point of admission.
Each individual supported here receives assistance from an experienced team which includes qualified practitioners, ensuring that therapeutic relationships are maintained and that continuity of care is fostered.
The staff team at Bowden Lodge will provide a recovery focused service promoting and facilitating the maintenance and development of functional skills, social inclusion and independence.
“Staff have helped me to develop my skills and I now feel more independent.”
Person supported by Bowden Lodge