The homely and comfortable environment has been designed to enable person-centred care which allows individuals to maintain as much independence as possible where friends and family can visit regularly. This includes planning the menu for everybody within the home.
The services and facilities available at Bohill Bungalows include:
- En-suite bedrooms which residents can personalise
- Facilities to meet complex physical needs e.g. bedrooms with overhead hoists
- Beautiful, peaceful setting, with each bungalow sitting in its own grounds
- An on-site specialist nurse and good links with the PBS team and a life skills coach
- Regular reviews and support plan monitoring
- Two specially adapted minibus with on-site driver
- Excellent transport links to the local area and further afield
There is a wide range of in-house activities including board games, arts and crafts, baking and gardening. We have a quiet room where individuals can access a safe and secure computer. Our life skills coach organises a range of daily activities both in and out of the service that are planned in conjunction with the wishes of the people supported here.
Staff also organise off-site sporting and leisure activities, these include:
- Cinema trips
- Going to the gym
- Swimming at the local pool
In addition, the home has its own specially-adapted minibus with disabled access and an on-site driver. Situated in a beautiful part of Northern Ireland, the home is within easy reach of Portrush beach and the UNESCO world heritage site Giant’s Causeway, both of which are ideal for day trips.