At Blyton Court, we provide assessment and long term care for individuals who have a wide range of learning and physical disabilities and complex needs, to support them to lead happy and fulfilled lives. Our service users are at the heart of all we do which is why we provide assessment and support.
Located in Blyton, Gainsborough, the service has 17 single occupancy rooms; all decorated to high standards with modern furnishings and fittings, specifically tailored to each of our service users tastes & needs. Everyone is encouraged to personalise their own space, decorating with pictures and photographs.
- 24 hour nursing care
- Dedicated activities co-ordinator arranging a variety of both on-site and off-site activities
- Local GP support
- Access to psychological, occupational and physiotherapy where there is an assessed need
- Our own transport, which is a mobility adapted mini-bus
- Close to local amenities and central to Gainsborough, Scunthorpe, Lincoln and Grimsby
- Service users and family member can have their views heard via the monthly “Our Voice” meeting
Achieving positive outcomes
We have a dedicated and experienced nursing team, many of whom have worked with the home for a number of years and know our service users well. We are committed to encouraging and supporting individuals to develop the skills they have and build on these to gain greater independence.
We strive to achieve the best possible outcomes for all of our service users. We do this through continual assessment alongside the community learning disability teams, which includes:
- Positive behaviour support specialists
- Occupational therapists
- Speech and language therapists
- Specialist nurses
“I know that this is a safe place and the care is good. They make sure that they look after my relative like one of their own family.”
Relative of a person supported by Blyton Court