At Blyton Court (formerly part of Craegmoor), we provide assessment and long term care for the people we support who have a wide range of learning and physical disabilities together with associated difficulties, to lead happy and fulfilled lives. Our service users are at the heart of all we do which is why we provide assessment and support.
Located in Blyton, Gainsborough, the service has 18 single occupancy rooms; all decorated to high standards with modern furnishings and fittings, specifically tailored to each of our service users tastes & needs. Everyone is encouraged to personalise their own space, decorating with pictures and photographs.
- 24 hour nursing care
- 52 hours of supernumerary activity staffing
- On-site and off-site activities
- Local GP support
- Access to psychological, occupational and physiotherapy where there is an assessed need
- Respite placements as well as longer term care
- The service has its own mobility adapted mini-bus
- Close to local amenities and central to Gainsborough, Scunthorpe, Lincoln and Grimsby
- Service users and family member can have their views heard via the monthly “Your Voice” meeting
Achieving positive outcomes
We have a dedicated and experienced nursing team, many of whom have worked with the home for a number of years and know our service users well. We are committed to encouraging and supporting individuals to develop the skills they have and build on these to gain greater independence.
We strive to achieve the best possible outcomes for all of our service users. We do this through continual assessment alongside the community learning disability teams, which includes:
- Occupational therapists
- Speech and language therapists
- Specialist nurses
“I know that this is a safe place and the care is good. They make sure that they look after my relative like one of their own family.”
Relative of a person supported by Blyton Court