Bishops Way is a residential service for people who have Prader-Willi syndrome (PWS). We are able to support up to 4 adults aged 18 years and over. We provide a safe and supportive environment where individuals can be fully involved in their care and support in order to lead a more independent and fulfilling future.
At Bishops Way we work closely with local authorities, commissioners, families, advocates of the people we support and other healthcare professionals, always ensuring that each individual gets the best possible support, which is designed by their own personal needs and wishes.
We have a hard working and dedicated staff team with varied levels of experience across all aspects of PWS care and support, all staff are trained to the highest possible standards, including all mandatory training, specific training in PWS and associated areas and QCF. All staff support and encourage each person to be as independent as possible as well as maintaining their individuality.
- Spacious bedrooms and communal areas
- A focus on personalisation
- Positive behaviour support
- Food and dietary control
- A consistent, competent and motivated staff team
- Community experience which includes voluntary work placements, leisure activities, college placements, horticultural projects, gym, swimming and sports activities
- An on-site day services workshop
“You have helped me to understand Prader-Willi Syndrome more and I feel a lot happier now.”
Person supported by Bishops Way