Bishops Gate (formerly part of Craegmoor) is a residential service for people who have Prader-Willi syndrome (PWS). We are able to support up to 8 adults aged 18 years and over. We provide a safe and supportive environment where individuals can be fully involved in their care and support in order to lead a more independent and fulfilling future.
At Bishops Gate, we work closely with local authorities, commissioners, families, advocates of the people we support and other healthcare professionals, always ensuring that each individual gets the best possible support, which is designed by their own personal needs and wishes.
We have a hard working and dedicated staff team with varied levels of experience across all aspects of PWS care and support. Staff are trained to the highest possible standards, including all mandatory training, specific training in PWS and associated areas and QCF. All staff support and encourage each person to be as independent as possible as well as maintaining their individuality.
Watch our new site tour video
- 8 spacious bedrooms and a range of communal areas
- Innovative person-centred support programmes in a safe and caring environment
- A consistent, competent and motivated multidisciplinary staff team
- Food and dietary support
- Positive behaviour support (PBS)
- A focus on personalisation and independence
- A wide range of in-house and community-based activities
- Access to education and voluntary/paid employment opportunities
“I really like living here because I get to choose my own activities and feel more independent.”
Person supported by Bishops Gate