Bishops Corner (formerly part of Craegmoor) is a residential service for people who have Prader-Willi syndrome (PWS). We are able to support up to 9 adults aged 18 years and over. We provide a safe and supportive environment where individuals can be fully involved in their care and support in order to lead a more independent and fulfilling future.
Our approach to support
At Bishops Corner, we work closely with local authorities, commissioners, families, advocates of the people we support and other healthcare professionals, always ensuring that each individual gets the best possible support, which is designed by their own personal needs and wishes.
We have a hard working and dedicated staff team with varied levels of experience across all aspects of PWS care and support, all staff are trained to the highest possible standards, including all mandatory training, specific training in PWS and associated areas and QCF. All staff support and encourage each person to be as independent as possible as well as maintaining their individuality.
- 9 bedrooms and a range of communal areas. This includes a fully-equipped kitchen, hub area and secure garden
- Innovative person-centred support programmes in a safe and caring environment
- A focus on personalisation and developing independence skills
- Access to positive behaviour support (PBS)
- Food and dietary control
- A consistent, competent and motivated staff team
- Planned in-house and external activities for residents to enjoy
- Community experiences, including voluntary work placements
“Staff have helped me to develop my skills and enjoy life.”
Person supported by Bishops Corner