Bedborough House (formerly part of Craegmoor) is a specialist autism service for eight adults in Radstock, Somerset. The service is close to local amenities and within easy access to major bus routes, train stations and motorways linking it to the neighbouring towns of Bath and Bristol.
This ‘robust’ service brings together the best qualities of a ‘local’ service with the support and expertise of an established and well-respected service provider.
Bedborough House is a service for adults aged 18 years and over, but can accommodate individuals who are 17 years old going through a transition from Children’s Services and have been identified via the Transforming Care Agenda.
- A low stimulus, homely and relaxed environment, whilst offering robust furnishings
- Four apartment style studio rooms with Activities of Daily Living (ADL) kitchen units and en-suite bedrooms to promote independence, whilst maintaining safety
- Four large en-suite bedrooms
- A very spacious and modern kitchen, lounge and dining area with patio doors leading onto a large, secure garden
- Innovative person-centred support programmes and personal activity planners
- Intensive interactive communication and environment
- One-to-one specialist support as required
- Access to education and supported employment opportunities
- Progression through a care pathway to live as independently as possible
Living at Bedborough House
Bedborough House is a large 1930’s detached building, set back from the road via a long drive way and surrounded by mature trees and gardens. The staff team have significant expertise in supporting people with autism and behaviours that challenge. A dedicated positive behaviour support specialist and Priory Adult Care’s specialist leads will also be offered.
“The facilities are amazing. I feel so happy here.”
Person supported by Bedborough House