Beach House (formerly part of Craegmoor) is a specialised service for people with learning disabilities and complex needs. Situated alongside Alexandra Park in Parkstone, Poole, it is well suited for people of all ages. Open since 2008, Beach House is a modern, detached home, providing 24 hour care and support for up to seven people.
The service offers 24/7 specialist residential support and is committed to providing just enough support to empower and encourage individuals to develop the skills they need to live as independently as possible, working towards a level of independence which is consummate with their skills, confidence and aspirations.
- Specialist support for seven people with learning disabilities who may also present complex needs
- Innovative person-centred support programmes in a safe and caring environment
- One-to-one psychological support where needed
- Access to education and paid employment opportunities
- Multidisciplinary staff team
- Residents can have their views heard via Priory Adult Care’s newsletter “Your Voice”
- Progression through a care pathway that fulfils each individual’s maximum potential to live more independently
“Staff have really helped me to understand myself better and develop my independence skills.”
Person supported by Beach House