Arthur House Care Home
Arthur House (formerly part of Amore Care) is a small and intimate residential care home in Wimbledon supporting up to 12 older people. Arthur House is an award winning service achieving an outstanding rating from the CQC, nominated one of the top 20 care homes in the UK and, in 2016, was awarded Great British Care Awards regional finalists.
We support people with physical needs who require assistance and care. The homely and comfortable environment enables us to provide person-centred care tailored to the needs of our residents.
Our dedicated and trained team of staff in the home provide a high standard of care to enhance our residents’ quality of life.
The home is beautifully situated within the leafy green area of Wimbledon Park. The Park backs on to the All England Tennis Club and has a boating lake, tennis courts and a pavilion. Local shops are within very easy walking distance, local buses run regularly, and Wimbledon Park train station is under a minute away with trains to Wimbledon and other nearby towns.
Living at Arthur House
We provide person-centred care at Arthur House tailored to the needs of our residents, as well as a wide range of services and facilities. These include:
- Local GPs who visit the home regularly
- Local dentist providing a service to residents
- Fresh home cooked food using locally produced ingredients
- Dedicated activities co-ordinator experienced in working with older people
- Visiting aroma-therapist providing holistic therapies
- Team of volunteers who support residents and help with activities
- A visiting hairdresser and beautician outlets within walking distance
- Beautiful patio garden where residents can enjoy sitting outside
- Spacious communal areas
- Easily accessible raised flower beds for those interested in gardening
- Nearby shops, restaurants and cafés where residents often like to visit
A wide range of activities
Activities are a key part of the daily life at Arthur House. Our activities co-ordinators assist in developing individual activity schedules tailored to the personal lives and interests of residents in each home. With our staff on hand at all times, each activity is designed to not only mentally stimulate and physically motivate our residents, but to enhance their quality of life and wellbeing.
The activities co-ordinators work alongside care staff to get to know each and every resident, and take pride in listening, understanding and responding to their needs. Residents can also go on our regular trips to places such as shops, garden centres and the local park.
All our activities and care staff encourage residents to engage in meaningful and varied activities, as well as share their life stories to create memory boxes and enhance person-centred care and support.
“Our mother has been cared for excellently over the past four years.”
Relative of resident at Arthur House
“The best thing about working at Arthur House is being able to give my best to care for the residents."
Employee at Arthur House