Amberley House Care Home
Amberley House (formerly part of Amore Care) is a purpose-built care home and is designed specifically to meet the needs of older people requiring nursing or specialist dementia care. The home is conveniently situated in a residential area of Bentilee, Stoke-on-Trent and is easily accessible from the M1 and via national rail services.
The home provides residents with extensive communal space within a modern, homely and supportive environment. Each bedroom, which has the added benefit of en-suite facilities, is designed to ensure comfort and safety, and the friendly and welcoming decor helps residents feel at home. There is also a tranquil, fully-enclosed garden, which offers a relaxing atmosphere and a quiet retreat for our residents.
Each person at Amberley House has a named nurse, a key worker and a comprehensive package tailored to meet their individual care and social needs. We have an open visiting policy and families and friends are always welcome.
Living at Amberley House
We offer a wide range of services and facilities at Amberley House for our residents. These include:
- Local senior nurse practitioner who visits the home weekly
- Local dentist providing a service to residents
- Fresh home cooked food using locally produced ingredients
- An experienced chef catering for all medical diets and personal preferences
- Dedicated activities co-ordinator experienced in working with older people
- A hairdresser visits the onsite hair salon weekly
- Specialised handling and bathing equipment for those who need it
- Nearby shops, which residents often like to visit
Our activities co-ordinator tailors the activities on a daily basis to meet the needs of our residents. All are encouraged to share their life stories to create memory boxes and enhance person centred care and support.
Residents can also go on our regular trips to places such as local shops, garden centres, parks and further afield.
“I have been here since June last year. I like everything about the home. The staff are helpful and there is always somebody to talk to. My friends can visit whenever they want.”
Resident at Amberley House