Albion House is a 23-bedded specialist residential service in Lewisham for males and females with mental health needs.
We aim to provide the greatest opportunities for independent living, through building the skills and confidence of the people that we support to sustain successful living in the community. We also aim to minimise the risk of relapse and re-admission.
At Albion House, we deliver a range of occupational therapy and social inclusion interventions; giving the people we support a continuing involvement in their recovery journey.
We want the best for the people in our care and we place great importance on positive outcomes and quality of life. We look at what can be achieved for each person and their abilities, interests and needs. We also work within a positive environment to encourage confidence, structure, inclusion and opportunity into their lives.
Our residents have individualised treatment programmes and a dedicated key worker to support them through their care pathway.
The therapeutic activities to build skills for independence include:
- Cooking skills development
- Communication and discussion groups
- Individual budgeting plans
- Ward-based exercise and physical activity groups
- Working towards obtaining recognised ASDAN qualifications
- Music appreciation
- Arts and crafts
Our absolute priority is to make sure we operate safe and effective services 24/7 and that all staff understand what is required of them to make that happen. We also believe that the environment in which an individual is treated is just as important as the treatment itself. Our homely setting provides a range of facilities that include:
- Communal activity areas and a communal dining room
- Individual and group cookery areas
- Community trips
- A large garden where social functions for residents, their families and friends are held
- Close access to the local community amenities, with good transport links
Our Albion House team includes:
- A Registered Manager
- Deputy Manager
- Senior Healthcare Assistants
- Key Workers
- Activity Co-ordinators
- Healthcare Assistants
- Maintenance person
Referrals and admissions
Once a referral has been accepted, funding approval must be in place before admission. For more information on the inclusion criteria for Albion House, please view our service brochure.