Abbey House, part of the Whitby scheme, offers rehabilitation and support for adults with mental health illnesses and personality disorders that may have a forensic background with associated complex and challenging behaviours.
Set in the tranquil coastal town of Whitby, this residential service is situated in an ideal location close to several towns and cities such as Middlesbrough, Scarborough, Wakefield, Tyneside, Leeds and York. It’s also close to local amenities and places of interest, and is accessible by road and train, with a bus stop right outside the house.
The services available at Abbey House include:
- Specialist support for up to six people with mental health issues who may also present behaviours that challenge
- Supported living, respite and community outreach transitional services
- Six individual rooms, four of which offer en-suite facilities
- Positive Behaviour Support and Recovery Model
- Access to community projects/programmes/education
- Direct links and involvement with Supporting You
- A multidisciplinary community team
- Staff trained in positive behaviour support, learning disabilities and mental health awareness
- Innovative person centred support programmes in a safe and caring environment
- Service users can have their views heard via Priory Adult Care’s “Your Voice”
“I am more independent now thanks to all the skills I have learnt here.”
Person supported by Abbey House