We are committed to ensuring that the people we support are provided with the highest possible standards of care and support, delivered by a highly motivated and well trained staff team.
Quality is at the heart of everything we do across all our Priory Adult Care residential, nursing and supported living services. Our Director of Quality and support team work hard to ensure continuous improvements are made and quality is achieved to maintain caring and safe environments, giving people their dignity, respect and independence at all times.
Focus on safety
Priory Adult Care is part of Priory. Our absolute priority is to make sure we operate safe and effective services 24/7 and that all staff understand what is required of them to make that happen. We recognise that a strong safety culture is needed at all levels. To read more about our focus on safety, please visit the main Priory website click here.
Priory Adult Care benefits from a robust and determined approach to safety and we do this through robust audits undertaken by our governance and assurance staff team. We make sure that our sites are supported to be safe by ensuring that:
- Actions and improvements are made in response to safety alerts
- Best practice is shared across the division and the company as a whole
- Adjustments and improvements are made in response to the regular cycle of health and safety and fire audits which are undertaken by a team of internal health and safety experts and external fire safety experts
- There is a prompt response to any changes in legislation and guidance
- A robust and open approach is taken to incident and complaint management and the investigations that follow
- Improvements are made locally and, where necessary, across Priory Adult Care in response to the lessons learned from incident and complaint investigations.
We have a dedicated quality team that not only focus on the services being compliant with our regulators, but who also ensure that we provide evidence based care and support, and that we are the best at what we do.
We benefit from having a team of specialist advisers consisting of:
- Senior quality leads for each of the operational regions, as well as specialist teams of quality leads with vast amounts of experience in providing and delivering services to adults with a learning disability, mental health issues and autism, as well as older people care services
- Dementia coaches who ensure the highest quality of care is provided across our dementia care homes
- A team of Positive Behaviour Support (PBS) practitioners who lead on the delivery of the Priory Adult Care PBS strategy. The strategy includes the provision of bespoke person-centred programmes, behaviour assessments, functional analysis and a wide range of support for individuals who require PBS
- A national team of PROACT-SCIP instructors based within our sites who deliver training to our staff teams
- Prader-Willi Syndrome (PWS) specialists, with an extensive background in supporting people with the complex diagnosis of PWS
- We also have access, by virtue of being part of Priory, to a wide range of specialists in a wide number of fields
We are committed to ensuring that our services not only meet, but exceed the national regulatory standards of compliance set out in law and inspected by those regulators who oversee our services.
Our regulators include:
- The Care Quality Commission (CQC) in England
- The Care Inspectorate in Scotland
- The Care and Social Services Inspectorate Wales (CSSIW)
Governance at Priory
As part of Priory, we are committed to providing high quality services through a robust corporate and clinical governance framework. We nurture a culture of continuous quality improvement that moves beyond compliance and focuses on delivering excellent care and support to the individuals in our care.
Our approach to organisational governance plays an essential role in ensuring that we work together to deliver safe, effective and well-managed services across the 300 operational sites which make up our Healthcare and Adult Care Divisions.
For more information on our approach to governance across Priory, please click here.
Get in touch
For further information on how Priory Adult Care ensures that the people we support are provided with the highest possible standards of care or to find out more about our services, please call us today on 0808 208 2147 or click here to complete our short enquiry form.